I don’t care what anybody says, but social profiling is here to stay. In the future, no doubt, social profiling is only going to increase. So, do you stay away or do you jump on the bandwagon?
I opt that you jump on the bandwagon. Very simply put with the advent of Kred, Klout and similar platforms anyone can easily profile you. This profiling is a step up from the, “let’s go and learn more about you on Facebook”. It is going to become the norm for people, employers and whoever to use social profiling in the future.
These new platforms have metrics that measure your digital influence. That’s scary on one hand, but also thinks of it as a level playing field (where one can easily compare you against others on set criteria).
So what do then? Once you are on Kred or Klout, you’ll find out quickly where you stand. For example I started out at 18 on Klout! Damn, I thought, that really is bad (out of a 100). Here are some tips to help boost that up for me (and for you):
1. HAVE SHARING WORTHY CONTENT
Any type of content you create needs to be worthy of sharing. Here are some ideas:
- Tweet your Niche: Tweet what you specialize in, your niche. As well people like tips, how-to’s etc. Try to make people benefit from your content.
- Use Quotes: Quotes are short and sweet and people can easily relate to them. Make your quotes about your niche is important. Being short and sweet it is easy for people to retweet your quote, that is very cool.
- Photos: As they say, “a picture is worth thousand words”. So true! Also remember that photos are easily retweeted. Like quotes, photos are easy to digest.
2) START A DISCUSSION BY ASKING A QUESTION
Ask a question, but something related to your niche. This is tough, but if you have small following, a question can lead to a discussion. Through this for example you can increase your klout score through “feedbacks” from people or more “actions” taken upon your tweets. You can do so by posting tweets such as:
- Niche Questions: People are more than happy to share their opinions. Ask questions like, “What do you think the trend will be for _____?”
- Chat in Blog: Connect with new people and start a discussion on blog chats. It is pretty active and a good way to start new and meaningful conversations with others.
3) ENGAGE WITH INFLUENCERS
The last method is to engage with influencer users in your niche. Get into into their conversation, tweet them, respond to their tweet but make sure that its something that they can respond back too. Hope this helps! I went from 18 to 38 in one day!